What is LOCAL SEO?
DID YOU KNOW? According to google 46% of searches in SERP are from local intent. Google algorithms try to understand the intent of the users and show them on their search pages. Suppose if the users write ‘SEO companies‘ then google will understand the intention of the users and show only the websites of the SEO companies but if the users write ‘ SEO companies near me ‘ then the intention of the user will be localized which means the user want to reach at SEO companies and google understood that it is local based query according to their algorithms.
Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an incredibly effective way to market your local business online. As we have seen in the image the companies are targeted according to local based searches. These all are those businesses which are near the users. That is why local SEO will become very important for flourishing our localized business. This is achieved through a variety of methods, some of which differ greatly from what’s practiced in standard SEO.
- Local pack or 3 pack, this is the block of 3 business listening that appear below the map in the results displayed after a google search with local intent. The three displayed company after typing ‘near me’ is called the local pack or 3 pack.
- Do you think? Google pulls this information directly from your website, if you think so then it is wrong.
- Everything that displayed in local pack or 3 packhas come from a tool, Google My Business Profile and not directly from website, a critical part of local SEO it is becoming more important as google tries to satisfy the users queries directly in the SERPs.
What is Google My Business?
- First of all GMB (google my business) is a free tool.
- As a business owner GMB (google my business) enables you to update your business name, location, hours, menu, rate, etc. If we click on any local business in the 3 pack, we’ll come to see that there is more detailed information like website links, directions, contact no. etc. The business owner can make a free account on Google My Businessand from there they can update their phone no. , address, location, menu, rates and many others that local SEOcontains.
Three core element in which local search and GMB works.
*PROXIMITY – Google My Business works on the proximity bases which means how close your business is. If the business owners have the fully updated profile in GMB (Google My Business) then if some users are near or close to their business then their business will show on the top results.
*RELEVANCE – How relevant your business is to search query? It means that your business is relevant to the keywords by the users. Suppose the user search for ‘SEO Company’ near me then your business should also have to be relevant to the keyword like (SEO Company) then only our business should be counted in top ranks in local pack or 3 pack.
*PROMINANCE – what other say about your product and service. It is where people give reviews on your business and google my business takes it as ranking factor. How much reviews your sites have will push your rank upwards in Local SEO.
Why Local SEO?
- With local SEO there is little wasted exposure. Your reach potential customers come at you when they need you – not when they don’t. This makes local SEO efficient and cost- effective
- Many of the best local SEO opportunities are FREE (for now). And also you don’t need any websites to get your potential customers reach at you. It is a listing on Google that appears when customers are searching for your business. It is a bundle of information that allows customers to quickly find all contact info at one time. This whole process is called Google Listings or Google Business Listings.
- 91 % of 18 – 34 years old customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- Even if your business doesn’t have a website, local SEO helps your business stand out in local searches, and helps drive more traffic through online leads. As it isn’t necessary to have a website to rank on local SEO as the user can also directly contact with business owner.